Thursday, June 12, 2014

Hillary Clinton Snaps at NPR Host over DOMA, Same-Sex Marriage

Hillary Clinton Snaps at NPR Host over DOMA, Same-Sex Marriage
by Charlie Spiering 12 Jun 2014, 12:24 PM PDT
Hillary Clinton snapped at radio host Terry Gross of NPR during a Thursday interview on the air about same-sex marriage.

Gross persistently prodded the former First Lady, U.S. Senator, and Secretary of State on the issue, repeatedly asking her to clarify her position about when and why she decided to support same-sex marriage.

“I’m pretty sure you didn’t answer my question about whether you evolved or it was the American public that changed,” Gross said finally.

“You know I really, I have to say, I think you being very persistent, but you are playing with my words and playing with what is such an important issue,” Clinton answered testily.

“I’m just trying to clarify so I can understand,” began Gross.

“No, I don’t think you are trying to clarify,” snapped Clinton. “I think you are trying to say that I used to be opposed and now I am in favor and I did it for political reasons. And that’s just flat wrong.”

Clinton insisted that she did not change her mind for political reasons and highlighted her record on the issue.

“I did not grow up even imagining gay marriage and I don’t think you did either,” she said. “This was an incredible new and important idea that people on the front lines of the gay right movement began to talk about and slowly, but surely, convinced others about the rightness of that position. When I was ready to say what I said, I said it.”

Listen to the full audio below:

Same-Sex Marriage
Clifford S. Asness supported same-sex marriage in New York, a leadership council member at the Robin Hood Foundation, and is a director at the International Rescue Committee.

Note: Foundation to Promote Open Society was a funder for the Robin Hood Foundation, the International Rescue Committee, and the NPR.
George Soros was the chairman for the Foundation to Promote Open Society, a benefactor for the NPR, is a co-chair, national finance council at Ready for Hillary, and the founder & chairman for the Open Society Foundations.
Open Society Foundations was a funder for the Bill, Hillary & Chelsea Clinton Foundation.
Hillary Rodham Clinton is a principal for the Bill, Hillary & Chelsea Clinton Foundation, a potential candidate for the 2016 Hillary Rodham Clinton presidential campaign, and was the secretary at the U.S. Department of State for the Barack Obama administration.







No comments: